I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
10 Tips to Beat the Heat This Summer
April 14, 2017
1. Make sure to replace your air filter once a month! Replacing your filters allows more air to better circulate through your entire house!
2. Switch over to LED light bulbs! LED bulbs produce light without generating extra heat in your house. Also as an added bonus, they will last up to 20 years AND they use less electricity than a normal fluorescent bulb!
3. Fans, fans, fans! Using fans to your advantage will not only keep you cool, but will also keep your electricity bill down. Use portable fans to cool down over the summer, but also don't forget to turn them off before you leave your house for the day!
4. Wait until the late afternoon to do heat producing activities such as washing clothes or dishes in the washer and dishwasher. This will help keep your house cool during the hottest part of the day.
5. Keep your curtains closed during the day! The sun can't heat your house if it can't get into your house.
6. If you have a basement, try hanging out in here during the hottest part of the day. Remember, hot air rises and cold air sinks!
7. Be smart with your thermostat. Either program your thermostat or turn it up while you are out of the house, so that you are not cooling an empty house!
8. Make sure all of your vents are free! These could be blocked by anything from curtains to furniture, so clear the way and let that vent do it's job!
9. Be cautious of the way you cook. Using the oven can and will heat your entire house. Instead, you could use your microwave, slow cooker or even step outside and fire up the grill.
10. Make sure all gaps around windows and door frames are sealed. There is nothing worse than paying to cool your house and that cool air escaping. This will also keep warm air out!